Sync to Google Drive
⚠️ The sync settings can be accessed from https://app.stillio.com/settings/apps.
Please note that 3rd party integrations work at 'best effort' and are not guaranteed since we have no end-to-end control of its functionality.
Automatically save screenshots to Google Drive
Stillio can store screenshots in your Google Drive account as soon as the image file is created. After you have authenticated your account with Google Drive, and the first file is added, a "Stillio" folder is created at the root of your Google Drive. Our app is only allowed to add files (and folders) and have access just to those files (and folder) so we cannot read/modify/delete any other file or folder in your account.
Example: When you're capturing www.cnn.com/weather in your Stillio account and have it synced to Google Drive, it will be stored with the hostname, URL or title, and date and time in the file as Stillio/cnn.com+www.cnn.com-weather-2018-11-01-16-52.png. If you capture multiple webpages from various sites, they will all be stored in this folder.
The following steps are required:
- Authenticate Google Drive
- Activate Sync all URL screenshots
Also, check the F.A.Q. at the bottom of this page.
Authenticate Google Drive
- In your Stillio account go to: Your Settings > Apps;
- Click the "Authorize Google Drive" button to open the Google login page;
- Sign in to Google to link with Stillio.
Your Google Drive account is now linked to the Stillio app.
Activate Sync all URL screenshots
Go to Your Settings > Apps to enable or disable saving to Google Drive. To activate this option, set the toggle button to "on" as shown below.
Frequently asked questions about syncing screenshots to your Google Drive account
How does Stillio connect to Google Drive?
We have registered an App at Google with limited permissions. A folder named after our app is created within the root folder of a user's Google Drive. Our app has read and write access to this folder and to the files that our app creates in it. More info at Google
How can I revoke access for Stillio to Google Drive?
- Go to your Google account to see the Apps with access to your account section. You might need to sign in.
- Choose Stillio.
- Choose "Delete all connections that you have with Stillio".
Can I change the filename and folder where it's saved?
- Filename: The first part is always the hostname. The second part of the filename can be changed by changing (or adding) a Title to your Webpage capture settings. The timestamp (yyyy-mm-dd-hh-ss) at the end of the filename cannot be changed.
- Folder: We create a folder called Stillio at the root of your Google Drive account. You are free to rename that folder or move it into a different folder, as we only store the unique identifier that's linked to the folder. When you (accidentally) delete the folder, we automatically create a new "Stillio" folder in your account as soon as a new screenshot is synced to it.
It doesn't work, how come?
If you cannot authorize the App, please check that your Google Drive account is still active.
If files are not saved, please check that you have sufficient free disk space both on your computer and your Google Drive account.
Other reasons can be:
- The filename is too long. You can shorten the file name by changing the Title field of your Webpage settings in Stillio.
- The sync option has not been used for six months. In that case, the authorization expires and needs to be re-authorized.
- None of the above. Please contact us with as many details as possible.
How many files/folders can the "Stillio" folder contain?
As indicated by Google, the "Stillio" folder we create on your Google Drive account can contain up to 500,000 files/sub-folders. When you have reached that limit, we will halt the sync operations but here's how you can resume it:
- Copy the current "Stillio" folder to another location e.g "Stillio old" folder.
- Delete (not moving to trash) the "Stillio" folder.
- Enable the Google Drive sync option on your account.
- A new "Stillio" folder should be created and new screenshots will be synced in that location