Add webpage (single or multiple)
In order for Stillio to capture screenshots, you need to add the URL of the Webpage. After clicking the 'Add webpage' button you have 3 choices:
- Add a Single Webpage
- Add Multiple URLs at once - only available for paid subscriptions
- Add From Sitemap - only available for paid subscriptions
For a quick start example, check this video: How to add Webpages in Stillio [screencast].
Note: this video is outdated as we have a new Webpage edit form. A new video will be added soon.
Adding a single Webpage
💡 Move your mouse pointer over the labels for a description popup.
- Web address - The only field that is required to enter is the URL field. We need to know what page to capture. It needs to start with http:// or https://
- Title - Optionally you can set a Title, which will show in your overview page. This is especially useful when you have a very long URL and/or when you have many URLs that seem quite similar.
All other options are preset to common settings, but can be changed as you desire:
- Capture frequency - Set the interval between each screen capture for this Web address. Defaults to every day, can be changed to other frequencies. A plan upgrade may be required to unlock more frequent scheduling to match your subscription.
- Starting - Default is now, but you can also manually select a time and day.
- Tags - Helps you to group related URLs with corresponding tags. See Add Tags to group URLs for details.
Expert mode offers various options to adjust the screenshot outcome to your needs. It can be enabled from the toggle button in the top right. An understanding of web development techniques is required to use some of these settings.
- Width - This defines the width (in px) of the screenshot. Select a smaller page width to get the mobile or tablet version of a page (if available).
- Height - This defines the height (in px) of the screenshot. Selecting 'Auto' will work fine for most pages, to get a full height screenshot of the whole page. But you can also select a fixed height in pixels.
- Location - Select the GEO-IP location from which the screenshot will be taken.
- Delay - A bigger or more complex page may need more time to load. Basically we capture the page when the web server indicates the page has fully loaded, but sometimes various elements like images benefit from a little more time. Adjust when needed, based on the screenshot result.
- Click - Element selector that is clicked before taking a screenshot e.g. #accept would click the element with id="accept".
- Hide - Element selector that needs to be hidden by setting their style to `display:none !important;`. Useful for hiding popups.
- Hover - Element selector that is hovered before taking a screenshot e.g. #menu2 would hover over the element with id="menu2".
- User agent - Define User Agent string used to emulate a particular client.
- Cookies - Sets a cookie on the request when loading the URL. E.g. showPopup=false. You can set multiple cookies by placing each key=value pair on a new line. (Max 4 cookies). Depending on the website you want to capture, you can use custom cookies to mimic an authenticated user. In your browser, you would need to log in at the target website, then copy the relevant cookies that are saved in your browser and add them to the cookie parameter.
⚠️ Though we provide multiple options to improve the accuracy of the screenshot, all captures are "as-is". We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the screenshot up front as the diversity of web techniques is immense. You should always test your optimal capture settings and regularly review the screenshots in your account. Tweak your settings when needed.
Adding Multiple URLs
If you want to add multiple Web pages at once, select this option. Most of the options are the same as for the single webpage form, except for the Title field which can only be set on individual URLs.
From a list (Max 500 URLs at once)
You have a large form field to enter a list of URLs, one on each line. If you want to track all (or many) pages of a single site, you can use a 3rd party tool like www.xml-sitemaps.com to generate a list of URLs. Here you can add your homepage URL, click "Start" and Download the text format on the next page. You can paste these URLs in the Multiple URLs form field.
From a sitemap
If you know the URL of the sitemap in XML format - typically domain.com/sitemap.xml - you can fetch all pages from it and have it automatically added. Before submitting them, you can have a final check to decide which URLs to keep or which to remove from the list.
Tip: Especially when adding multiple URLs at once, it's very handy to Add Tags to group URLs.
Note: All URLs in this page will automatically be scheduled with a 1-minute interval in between to prevent high bursts in website traffic to the target sites.